The Islands is a private park and is to be used for residents & their guests.
- Basketball court
- Sand Volleyball
- Bocce ball court
- Community Dock
- Full size exercise track (4 laps = 1 mile)
- Shaded ramada’s with picnic tables and charcoal grills
THE ISLANDS COMMUNITY PARK RULES & REGULATIONS
PARK HOURS ARE FROM SUNRISE TO 11PM
- Fishing is for Islands residents and is catch & release only. An Islands Community Permit is required and can be obtained at The Islands onsite office.
- Watercraft operated on any of The Islands’ lakes must be registered with The Islands onsite office.
- Swimming, pool inflatables, standup paddle boards and unauthorized watercraft in the lakes are prohibited.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their animals. No livestock is allowed in the park without prior approval.
- Skateboards, scooters, bikes and roller blades are restricted to sidewalks only and must yield to walkers and pedestrians.
- No motorized vehicles of any kind are allowed in the park, except in areas designated for such vehicles.
- Ramadas are available on a first come, first served basis. Please clean up the area when you are done. Inflatables must be registered with The Islands onsite office.
- Horseshoes, basketball and volleyball games are limited to areas designed for such activities. Golfing is not allowed in the park.
- No spirituous liquor, beer or wine is allowed in the park.
- No glass containers are allowed in the park.
- No fireworks, firearms or weapons are allowed in the park.
- No sale of food, beverages, or other items is allowed in the park without prior approval by The Islands onsite office.
- Please do not feed ducks bread as it makes them ill. Rotting bread causes harm to the water and the fish they eat.
- No damage or misuse of the park equipment or grounds is allowed. The Islands onsite office has the right to escort individuals out of the park if needed.
- In the event of an emergency or suspicious activity, please call 9-1-1 OR the Town of Gilbert non-emergency number at 480-503-6500.
This park is restricted to Islands residents and their guests only. Residents must accompany guest(s) while in the park. Trespassers will be prosecuted in accordance with A.R.S. 13-1502
Frequently Asked Questions
The Ramada’s in the park are available to host a party for Islands residents and their guests on a first come, first serve basis. We ask that you do not arrive more than two hours prior to your event to stake your claim on a Ramada. This will allow multiple usages throughout the day.
Please bring your own trash bags and dispose all trash and party supplies in the dumpster located in the parking lot. Please do not overfill the trash cans in the Community Park.
Yes. You will need to have the company you are renting from provide an additional endorsement on their insurance and provide a copy to the office prior to your party. The endorsement needs to include your contact information (name, address, phone), date and time of the function and the following:
TO BE NAMED AS ADDITIONALLY INSURED ON CERTIFICATE:
The Islands Community Association, 825 S Islands Drive West, Gilbert AZ 8523
FirstService Residential, 9000 E. Pima Center Pkwy. Scottsdale, AZ 85258
In addition, we request that you rent a bouncer with a generator and do not use the power located in the park. We cannot guarantee the power should a surge occur.
See above link for form.
Yes. Power outlets are available for use on each Ramada. However, the power is not guaranteed and is not strong enough for an inflatable. Inflatables must be operated with a generator.
825 S. Islands Drive West
Gilbert, AZ 85233
Lights are located at the basketball and volleyball courts for you to play at night. The light switches are located next to each for to turn on.