|CONNECT to your community like never before! The Islands new and improved website has a ‘Resident Portal’ feature. Find out more here.|
Voting access will begin on June 1, 2021 and the link (button) is directly below this paragraph
This is what you need to know about voting on the proposed amendment to the CC&R’s of The Islands:
– To vote online, you will need the registration code located on the front of the postcard above your name or in the email you received.
– Click on “Vote” located on this page (below) and you will be redirected to the voting site. Follow the easy instructions.
– Once logged in to the voting site, you will be able to view the amendment and cast your vote.
– Voting opens June 1, 2021
– Absentee voting closes June 30, 2021 at noon (12:00 pm). If you have not voted by this deadline, paper ballots will be accepted at the beginning of the Special Meeting on June 30th at 6pm.
– If you prefer to cast a paper ballot, please contact the onsite office and request the information to be mailed to you OR stop by the onsite office to pick one up.
– An email reminder to vote will be sent to the owner of the home from Vote HOA Now until your ballot is cast.
If you have lost your voting code, please contact The islands onsite office and we can provide it to you upon proof of your identity.
Proposed Amendment to the CC&R’s of The Islands:
- Any rental will require a minimum lease of 30 days
- Properties will be rented no more than six times per year
- Information on renters will be provided to the HOA
- A grace period of six months will be provided to current property owners
A YES vote means that the restrictions on Short Term Rentals will be adopted
A NO vote means that you oppose the Amendment
Clicking on this button below will redirect you to the voting site.
Islands Community Association Special Meeting
Short Term Rental Amendment
Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 6pm
Voting results will be announced at this meeting
Islands Community Center
825 S Islands Dr West, Gilbert, AZ 85233
Attendance at this meeting is at your own risk.
Face masks and social distancing recommended.
Welcome to The Islands!
Welcome to The Islands, one of the finest master planned communities in the East Valley! As a property owner in The Islands, you are automatically a member of The Islands Community Association. The Association is incorporated for the purpose of preserving and enhancing the value of the homes as well as the amenities of The Islands. It is the commitment and responsibility of The Islands Community Association to ensure a quality lifestyle and to provide for appropriate control of the general architectural theme and exceptional maintenance of common areas throughout The Islands.
The Islands Mission Statement
“We are committed to the enhancement, promotion and sustainability of the community for the collective good, operating in a responsible financial manner.”
The Islands Vision Statement
“The Islands is a premier, established, lake community built on a foundation of strong social and business relationships, welcoming residents as friends and good neighbors.”
The Islands Lifestyle Newsletter is available online. Read the latest community updates, events, announcements, reminders and resources for Islands residents. To receive a digital copy, please contact the onsite office at 480-545-7740.
Resources on this page include the Architectural Guidelines, Request Forms, Paint Colors and approval instructions. The Islands continues to build a community that will allow for individual tastes, while maintaining the overall aesthetic tone of a vibrant, engaged, and welcoming neighborhood.
Associations use several types of governing documents to guide their operations. The governing documents of The Islands include the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, CC&R’s and the Architectural Guidelines Rules and Regulations.